IngenuityFest is always up to something, that’s what keeps us at the top of our innovation game! All applications are now open for IngenuityFest 2018: Future/past . . . Curious what we get up to? Check out some of our cool photos displaying what we were able to create together last year!
If those photos just got your creative juices a-flowin’, check out the official IngenuityFest 2018 Theme + Design Competition, and help create the look and feel of the Fest!
Take a look at our festival theme photo album for a little inspiration before entering our official design competition. ….. Future/Past celebrates the return of cherished traditions melded with the drive toward progress, forging a re-imagined future of community, localism, and humanistic technologies. It represents whimsical ideation, a homecoming as our former industrial facility reawakens with new art and manufacturing, and the hum of imagination from the many renaissance women and men who call the Collaborative home.
IngenuityFest 2018 will be held at the Hamilton Collaborative September 28-30. Our theme, Future/Past, celebrates the return of cherished traditions melded with the drive toward progress, forging a reimagined future of community, localism, and humanistic technologies. It represents whimsical ideation, a homecoming as our former industrial facility reawakens with new art and manufacturing, and the hum of imagination from the many renaissance women and men who call the Collaborative home.
In 2018, our audience will be invited to travel through time and space, enjoying a return to interest in artisan crafts, self-sufficiency, and a reintegration of community in daily life that celebrates what was best in our past, while forging a bright future. Help us imagine the many forms of these in future worlds.
There are so many ways these theme can play out: revisit the mechanical imaginings of polymath Leonardo DiVinci, celebrate the elegant machines of the Victorian era, or look ahead at the technologies of the future…
We’re hosting a design competition for illustrators, artists, and graphic designers to help us create this vision. Entries due March 31!
Need some inspiration to get you started?
Ingenuity truly had a remarkable year, making our 2016 Cleveland Creative Collaborative Pilot project into a reality in 2017: IngenuityLabs @ the Hamilton Collaborative. This year we:
- Completed a research project cataloging 50+ local precedent projects and maker resources in our region to which the Hamilton Collaborative will become a complement; a continuation of our work with the American Maker Cities North coalition, we also documented best practices in similar Rust Belt Cities in Pittsburgh, Washington DC, Baltimore, Detroit, as well as Chicago and the Bay Area, funded by Gund and Burton D Morgan foundations.
- Secured significant support and new funding for ourselves and our partners at the Hamilton Collaborative.
- Secured a lease to ensure our future at theHamilton Collaborative, including the site a former scapyard which we are rehabilitating into a teaching garden and sustainability demonstration site, opening up a whole new possibility for programming and partnerships.
- Completed a new 3-year strategic plan.
- Celebrated with the Bal: Aquatique – which opened up new spaces in the building and drew attention to our region’s water resources.
- Launched the inaugural Shaker Makers with the City of Shaker Heights; held dozens of hours of maker-focused and entrepreneur-focused programming, and secured an NEA grant for the continuation of programming in Shaker’s Moreland neighborhood.
- Produced a never-before-seen vertical dance collaboration with MorrisonDance, with support from Ohio Arts Council.
- Served hundreds of area youth through special programs; hosted partner events including Saint Martin DePorres “Cleveland Change Makers,” which welcomed dozens of area leaders to speak with local ninth graders.
- Welcomed thousands of DIY and high-end motorcycle fans by hosting Fuel Cleveland, with anticipated return for 2018
- Welcomed 10 incubator tenants and built out lockable workspaces to keep them cozy!
- Held 30+ Ingeneers workshops and build a community of 40+ members; more than 1500+ man hours of volunteer/community collaboration.
- Constructed, organized, and heated a year-round shop space for large-scale work.
- Hosted 500+ individual artists on more than 150,000 square feet of programming area for IngenuityFest – exceeded projections for sales and attendance.
- Worked with dozens of community partners offering in-kind program support, materials, sponsorships and more!
Did you attend IngenuityFest 2017 at the Hamilton Collaborative? Take 2 minutes to fill out our attendee survey and you’ll automatically be entered for a chance to win a $100 gift card!
Create your survey with SurveyMonkey