:::a film festival for independent filmmakers
Ingenuity has always explored the space where people and technology connect. Perhaps no one medium speaks to this process better than independent filmmaking. Today’s indie filmmakers weave storyline, music, and motion — all in a mosaic of digital technology. IndieFest 2013 seeks to explore and celebrate the spirit of the independent filmmaker with its first-ever film festival. IndieFest 2013 will be held during IngenuityFest in September.
While many of today’s most successful film festivals showcase films with budgets in the millions and cast and crews in the hundreds, IndieFest is more interested in films that require and reveal inventive thinking and creativity. We want to see films that utilize novel and unconventional ideas in lieu of multimillion dollar special effects created in post. However, we still want people to walk out of the theater and say, “Wow, that was amazing.”
IndieFest will judge films of all lengths from mini-shorts to features. Subject matter, in general, should leave audiences feeling uplifted, inspired, and get them thinking. In other words, it should create a spark. Because IngenuityFest is an event open to the public and people of all ages, we ask that works submitted do not contain any images that could be deemed pornographic or vulgar. Again, we want to uplift and inspire people.
We encourage indie filmmakers of all ages and levels of experience to submit their best works. Our screening committee will evaluate submissions on the following three criteria:
- Originality of idea
- Use of creative filmmaking techniques
- Ability to inspire and motivate the audience
Three awards will be presented during the IngenuityFest, including
- People’s Choice (film that receives the most votes from the audience)
- Critic’s Choice (awarded by independent panel)
- Ingenuity Award (film that used the most inventive filmmaking techniques)
ELIGIBILITY & GUIDELINES
- Any film produced after January 1, 2013 may be submitted
- Do not submit works in progress
- Please no industrial or corporate videos
- All entries must be submitted on DVD for judging (DVDs will not be returned)
- All entries must be postmarked by August 1, 2013
- Films selected for IndieFest 2013 will be announced no later than August 15, 2013
- IngenuityFest reserves the right to use images from films selected for marketing purposes
Please send all the following materials in one package. Entries will not be processed without all materials requested.
- DVD of entry
- Entry form email confirmation
WHERE DO I SEND MY DVD?
After you complete the online form an address will be provided to mail your materials to.